Monday, November 05, 2007

Want some candy, little girl...?

My food blog is going to suffer during 'PoMo. I can't post everyday here and post there.

So, here is a recipe I came up with for Halloween. We were challenged to make something from pumpkin for the pot-luck at work. I was thinking about it for a few days, when I was suddenly inspired to make this.

Pumpkin Turds

1 package dark chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli double chocolate)
2 cups green pumpkin seeds (shelled already, salted is OK)
2 cups raisins
1 cup peanut butter or caramel chips.

Melt the chocolate chips carefully in the microwave (nuke for 1 minute, stir 1 minute, and repeat until smooth and melted). Add the pumpkin seeds and raisins; stir until coated. Finally, add the peanut butter chips (or omit, I think it would be fine).

Drop by tablespoons onto wax paper and set in the freezer or fridge to set.

MMmm, rave reviews at my house. They're like a crunchy Cadbury fruit and nut bar. Apparently, some at my work thought they were too healthy to eat. FINE - more for me!

4 comments:

get2eric said...

I had one....they're delicious.

Dana said...

They were awesome! And I don't like raisens!

Emily said...

Mmm..send some up to NY!
What inspired you to name them "Pumpkin Turds?"

Unknown said...

I agree, your turds are healthy turds. But to get the full effect, you should give them a slight curved "c" shape. LOL. Disgustingly good.