Monday, May 19, 2008

My big, fat, exhausting weekend

Colin's big 5th birthday was this weekend, and we were stuffed with celebration. Auntie Emily flew in Friday midday and took a cab to my work. We snuck off to eat some TexMex at Chuy's, then she hung out with me the rest of the work day. Meanwhile, my MIL brought cousins Henley and Rian to our house.

Saturday morning brought the arrival of Auntie Stephanie, cousins Paige, Graham, and Evelyn, as well as Nana and Grandad. We had lovely cool weather in the park for Colin's party, with a moonwalk, pizza, and friends.




Since he had a steam train last year, Colin requested a diesel this year.


Uncanny how the cake Anthony made matched the shirt Emily gave him.




Sunday morning we got up early, and Anna, Anthony, Francesca and I ran a local 5K. Anna was shocked and thrilled to win her age group (females under 9 years).



We spent a few hours at a local German-themed fest, but it was hot. Too soon we had to take Auntie Emily, the last guest to leave, back to the airport to New York. We all went to bed early Sunday night.

9 comments:

Alissa said...

Sounds like a great birthday for Colin!

Unknown said...

Awesome accomplishment, Anna!

mainlyclearskies said...

What a great weekend!! The cake looks great. Congrats to Anna on her win!

Anonymous said...

Lovely pics,Jennifer..looks like you wanted to get out of that cage hahahaha

Auntie Norma.x

ColeBugsmommy said...

What a wonderful family filled weekend! Happy b-day Colin!

peevish said...

Happy Birthday, Colin! We wish we'd been there. And congrats, Anna! Can you hear me cheering?

Anonymous said...

Colin looks fierce. Happy Birthday! Wow, a bouncyhouse: movin' up. How many tickets is that?

Check out the arm strength on Jen.

Way to go Anna!

Everybody in CO looks confused when I say Tex-Mex. Mexican food is mostly ElCharito-ish: salsa is funkytoored with chili powder and tastes a lot like ketchup.

We miss you guys.

Dana said...

Yay Anna!!!!!
More than I would ever do.

I don't think I ever had a birthday party that cool. What fun it would be to be a kid again. BTW--I hope your birthday, not to long ago, was also a good one!

Anonymous said...

What a great weekend! I'm so impressed with the way your entire family runs marathons...I only run if there's someone behind me with a knife!