Friday, May 30, 2008

3 countries, 21 days, 1 pair of underwear

The countdown is on for our big trip, and I got a package today from a travel clothing website. I was lucky; everything I ordered fit well except one pair of pants.

The title above refers to the tag line for the snazzy underwear I ordered. Its made from soy (plus a little spandex) and is supposed to breathe and dry out within 2 hours after you hand wash it in the hotel sink. Don't worry; I ordered 2 pair, and I'll likely take a couple more! (but not one for each day, either!)

(not me)

I've also been studying my Italian, reading my old texts and listening to some CDs from Alissa. (thanks, Alissa!) Practicing listening is very helpful, since those darned Italians speak so fast! Gli italiani parlano multo rapidemente!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Geez, Italian and underwear, it must be Friday night! We just returned from a brasserie where the authentic french waiter was quite possibly snobbier, here in Houston, than anyone we encountered in gay Paris. Whet eez rrrrong wis my-ee ek-sant, ah wahndare?

Emily said...

You can also find podcasts in languages, if you'd like.

(I totally thought that was you in the picture at first!)

Boilerdad said...

I didn't think it was necessary for you to clarify "not me" under the picture. You look MUCH better than that!

peevish said...

Just keep saying "Lentemente, per piacere!". That is one useful phrase I remember.

Anthony is right about the model. She looks like a boy compared to you.

mainlyclearskies said...

How exciting!!

I will have to investigate that website further.