Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Do It Yourself

Do you know what this is?

It's a self-done haircut.

Colin was looking for a project yesterday afternoon. He washed his hands 4 times, then we brushed his teeth. Then I said, "Hey Colin, why don't we brush Montana's teeth?" We went into my bathroom, found Montana's toothbrush and paste, then we both went to her and I started brushing. It doesn't take long, like 90 seconds. I realized I was alone so went back in the bathroom to find Colin.

He was standing, leaning forward with his head inclined, one hand on each loop of the scissors, shearing his bangs. A pile of curls at his feet.

Fortunately, the end results aren't too bad:


It's shortest over his left eye, otherwise nicely layered bangs.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

THAT is frightening and hillarious all at once! Holy CoW!!!! Oh Colin-O, you really shocked us with that one. Wowie. Thanks for the pics. I was expecting A LOT worse after that first shot.

Anonymous said...

that's so funny! maybe he got tired of his bangs and needed a new look! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my word COLIN!!!!! I think I would have fainted - but well done Colin obviously you are a very talented hair stylist!!! And hey Jenn, no problems there with his "scissoring" !

Anonymous said...

Well!!! we all know now what he wants to be when he grows up...can I book the first trim,Colin? :o)xx

Anonymous said...

OH my! When I first saw that picture of the cut off hair- I had to look twice....then I knew Colin-O must have taken the sissors to his hair. Honestly, I was scared to scroll down to the end result,but actually is doesn't look that bad!

He's quite the hair stylist!

Love-Bevie-

Jessica said...

Hahaha. That makes me laugh. At first I thought you were going to say Colin cut Anna's hair or possibly the other way around. I agree with everyone else, Colin did a good job! :)

Anonymous said...

This so reminds me of the "trim" Emily gave Stephanie when they were 3 and 1 respectively! First shock and fright and then, WOW, what a good job. I agree with Kelley, he must have wanted to get the hair out of his eyes for a new look. Love, Nana

Emily said...

Oh, my. You can't leave that little monkey alone for a minute! He's so mischevious! Glad it all turned out okay and glad he still has the curls in the back!

Vetmommy said...

Ha ha, Paula -- NO DOUBT! He has definitely improved his "scissoring!"