Monday, May 16, 2005

Happy Birthday, to me

Yesterday was my birthday. It was a great day, despite turning 35, the worst part of which is I can't check that 28-34 age group box on surveys anymore. I can't think of myself as being in my early-30s anymore. (Hmmm... how long can I be in my mid-thirties? Until at least 39 1/2, methinks.)

Yesterday I woke up, hearing Anna rustling around my bedside. As I pulled the sheet off my face, she said, "Happy Birthday, Mommy!" Incredibly sweet!!! All day long she'd come up to me and say, spontaneously, "I hope you're having a happy birthday! Here's a birthday hug!" Later we all had a little picnic lunch at the park, which was just perfect except for Anthony getting stung on the feet by fireants.

For my birthday Anthony gave me an awesome flat screen monitor!!!! So now I can blog without creating a crick in my neck (previously I had to twist my neck and gaze to the left). He and Anna also made me Nigella Lawson's Chocolate Cloud Cake while Colin and I went for a bike ride.

I also had many nice phone calls, and Lisa brought me freshly baked Perugian cheese bread! Wow, it was awesome! I had it for dinner and breakfast this morning.

And, my face is healing, hurting less everyday. Thanks for all your sympathy.

No comments: