Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Cookie Time


Since we didn't have ballet practice yesterday (yea!) we made some Christmas cookies. I made all kinds of suggestions, but the kids wanted archetypal cookies they could cut out with cookie cutters. They turned out great.

These were shortbread cookies from my favorite baking website, Joy of Baking. (I added 1/2 tsp almond extract, because almondy cookies taste like Christmas to me.) I like to cook, not bake, but this site brings out my sweet tooth. The woman who runs it has an English heritage like me, so I love her shortbreads (an entire section!), scones, muffins, etc.

Anth was inspired, too, and made us a batch of his precisely perfect chocolate chip cookies. He has gotten this recipe down to an engineering masterpiece, timed to make consistently yummy, moist cookies. One of my favorite things on earth, especially since they appear without any effort from me! Click the pic in my side bar for the recipe.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Oh, I was hoping not to miss cookie making! I'm sure they will probably be gone by Friday when I arrive, so maybe we can make more!

Anna looks very proud.

Anonymous said...

Oh,oh,Jennifer..I looked at the Cookies and drooled but I am NOT making any because I am on a little diet (I say little because I am just watching what I eat NOT eating it) :o)anyway the weight is coming off am proud to say..tell Anna they look simply delicious.yum yum A.Norma.

ColeBugsmommy said...

One of my favorite things do to at Christmas is to make cookies! Yours look beautiful!