Sunday, October 01, 2006

No News Update

I really thought I would be posting more about our wonderful getaway, about all the delicious food and wine, but I have been working a lot and I'm pretty damned depressed about my missing cat. Everyone at work was so sympathetic, but it was so sad, too, because Kareen's cat Al, who had been missing for a month was found but with severe head trauma and died within 24 hours, and Shawn's cat was found dead, hit by a car, all while I was gone.

Add in a couple of euthanasias on my schedule (nothing out of the ordinary, but still adds to the sadness), plus lots of reminders of Montana, and you get the picture of the sorry state of my mind.

Thank you all for your positive and empathetic thoughts. Unfortunately, I don't think Claudio insolently wandered off. I know there are coyotes in the greenbelt and I think that they got him. No calls yet. After talking to lots of neighbors, two of them saw him the night he was let out between our house and next door, and nothing since then. Yesterday another neighbor found his collar between our house and the trees.

Just don't ask me about him in person unless you're ready for the waterworks.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

oh. The collar news puts a giant lump in my throat. That is not good.

This stinks.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry, truly. Not knowing, but fearing the worst, must be horrible.

Anonymous said...

a daft question I know,Jenn. but was the collar still fastened? I have a reason for asking this and I guess you can guess why....he could have been stolen? xx

paula said...

Oh Jenn, I'm so sorry, this really is so very sad. Lots of love and hugs.

Joey said...

I'm so sorry for you. Finding the collar is tough. I've lost a beloved cat, too (Butterscotch) with no closure. I totally know what you're going through. John & I still talk about Scotch all the time, and he disappeared over 3 years ago. For a year everytime I got in the car I scanned my surroundings the entire time I was driving just out of habit looking for him. Life just isn't fair sometimes.

Anonymous said...

Okay, not to put a glum mood on things...but usually a coyote will take the WHOLE vicitm away and leave nothing.......

Is it possible someone found Claudio, took the collar off, and claimed him as their own? I wouldn't put anything past mean people.

In any case, Jenn, I'm soooo sorry about this loss. I loved him too...and enjoyed his purring as you stroked his soft fur.

XOXO!

peevish said...

I'm so sorry I brought it up on Saturday. I guess I just haven't accepted it yet. Your whole family is in our thoughts. Hang in there.

Vetmommy said...

The collar was a "break-away" type. Its about the 5th one of those he's lost. Part of the clasp had literally broken away, so I don't think theivery was involved, although everyone who knew him knew he was good enough to steal.

Thanks, you guys, for your kind words.

Anonymous said...

I see, Jenn. Man! I wish with all my heart Claudio was home. *hugs*



XOXOXOXO!

Wildrun said...

Is it possible that the one the neighbor found is a previously lost collar? Our Nick loses one a month, and I've had neighbors bring me collars that he lost in the past. Good luck to you. Keep posting those posters! In my experience, they are the most successful thing anyone can do to find a lost cat. Ads in the paper, too.