Saturday, December 31, 2011

December Post

Seems like after that binging of posting in November, I couldn't manage much posting in December!  It was so full this year - Anna sang a solo in school choir, then she and Colin had a great piano recital, followed by the weekend of ballet performances.  There were church choir rehearsals, which culminated in a nice Christmas Eve performance.  We had a super holiday weekend with feasting and family.  And I created a new drink for the holidays:


The Figgy Pudding











1.5 oz mulled vodka **
1.5 oz golden rum (I like Bacardi)
1.5 oz pear nectar
0.5 oz triple sec
0.5 oz port

Shake all ingredients over ice and pour into a chilled martini glass.


** Mulled Vodka

Combine 1 cup vodka with 1 tsp of premixed mulling spices -or- 1 star anise, 4 cloves, 1/4 stick of cinnamon, a few allspice berries, a shaving of nutmeg, etc.  Let sit at room temperature for ~1 hour then drain.

Cheers, and Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Krispy said...

I'm very sad I missed this one! I'm sure it would have induced Smith & I to stay to the very wee hours until the buzz wore off.

Happy New Year! Hope to see more of you in it.