Monday, March 21, 2011

I love the ShopVac. And Anthony.

Did you know that if a brand new, unopened bottle of ultra-concentrated laundry detergent falls off the washer while the first load is going and I am jogging, and if the cap breaks, all the contents will efficiently empty itself onto the floor, coating the ENTIRE floor of my laundry room with a 5 mm thick ooze?

As I stepped into the laundry room to change out the loads, I discovered that, because it was quite SLICK!

120 loads worth of ultra-concentrated laundry detergent.

Fortunately, my husband is quite handy with the Shop-Vac (love that thing! it really sucks!) and a Squeegee.  It took hours, but now I have the cleanest laundry room floor EVER.  You could eat off of it.

Also, small silver lining - not a bad smelling mess to clean up.  "Its better than cleaning poop," Anthony astutely observed.  Indeed!  Then he went outside and readied the recyclables.  Awesome.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Sounds like you were both very productive!

Sinda said...

Ugh - I spilled just a little car wash soap a while ago in my laundry room and it was such a pain to clean up. Yay for Anthony! Can he come do my recycling too?

Lisa said...

Anthony rocks, as always. I remember when you guys were here and Anna threw up in our car. After Anthony got done cleaning it, my car smelled better than ever!

Anonymous said...

Awww,He sounds like a very nice,handy chap to have around,Jenn. :) just like the one I have here.:) xx


Aunty Norma.