Wednesday, May 18, 2011

New Flavah

Work has been busy.  I was late coming home Saturday afternoon, and so I called.  Anna was at ballet, Anthony was working on the solar panels, so Colin answered the phone.  That is still a new thing in our house, kids answering the phone.  Colin is particularly precious.

After we established where everyone was, I asked him what he was doing.  "Making my lunch," he said.  That boy is always hungry.  What are you making?  "A sandwich.  It's raisin bread, and butter, and those round red things, you know?"  Um, no, you mean strawberries?  "No, Mommy, those round things, you know, that are red, they are like, you put them on, um, you know..."

After a few more minutes of this, he remembered what they are called.  Pepperoni.

"You are making a raisin bread and pepperoni sandwich?" I asked.

"Yes, Mommy, I made a new flavor," he said.  "It's delicious."

5 comments:

mr man said...

Did you try it when you arrived home to see if he was right? just to model the "taste it" behavior?

We are still trying to instill that adventurist attitude with the girls. You guys have definitely had more luck with your progeny.

get2eric said...

That's great, I'd like one......

Anonymous said...

A chef in the making!!! Nana :)

Emily said...

Hehe! When I got dropped by, he told me about it, too. He was so proud.

Krispy said...

coming home solo from school was my favorite time to whip up a funky sandwich.

my dad still reminds me of my fried liverwurst and sour cream experiments.