Monday, September 14, 2009

Jiggered - Women's Adventure Race

There reason I went to the coast was to teach other vets how to take dental Xrays in a wet lab. It was great fun, but it's a little harder to be on the teaching side of one of these gigs. I enjoyed watching several of the vets get inspired. Hopefully some of them will have dental Xrays at their clinic soon.

The heat and the drought finally did break. We've had days of drizzle and overcast clouds. I feel genetically predisposed to love this kind of weather, but everyone here seems to appreciate the cooler, wetter weather. Viva la difference!

However, it did make for very MUDDY conditions at the annual Women's Adventure Race. This is the 3rd year Anna and I have participated. Costumes are encouraged; Anna decided she would be Padme Amidala (also her Halloween costume) and I could be Princess Leia. This makes her my "mom!"

Here we are after the race, just as enthusiastic, but more disheveled!

Thanks for the photos, Triona!

6 comments:

ColeBugsmommy said...

Great job! Is that a little boy I see in the background, even though they told me last year I couldn't bring Cole?

Boilerdad said...

Yes! That is a boy. His name was Jordan, so he was under the radar so to speak. He and his brother were both in the race. I heard their mother say, "I was wondering why everone was staring at us funny." "Cole" is just, is just too masculine on the race entry form to get away with it. I also overheard they will be allowing boys at next years race.

Vetmommy said...

Yes, Kareen, I was wondering if you'd notice that! Apparently he had a unisex name like Jordan. I heard a rumor that next year it will be open to BOYS and girls. Colin is really excited by that possibility, too!

Emily said...

Your costumes are great! I'm sure Anna got a kick out of her character being your character's mom. :-)

Too bad your costumes are white and it was so muddy! But I know that makes the "gauntlet" at the end fun.

Hmm...maybe I'll need to come join you next year if Colin's going to be in it, too? You might need another adult...

peevish said...

You two look like you had loads of fun!

paula said...

Excellent pics, the costumes are amazing .... well done XX