Monday, January 28, 2008

Offspring update

Colin: Loves the Beatles, probably because they are ALL BOYS. Singing over and over, "I am the eggman! I am the eggman! I am the walrus! Koo-koo-ka-choo!"

Also, the lesser known version, "I am the acorn! I am the acorn! I am the bottom! Toot-toot-ta-toot!"

Anna: Comes out of her bedroom long after bedtime, presents me with an adorable "My book of storys tollde by my mom, of her cat and dog pashints (patients)." Four tales so far, including, "One day a cat was brot dead. His name was J--. He was 4 years old. And dead. So my mom cut him open. And his heart musle was to big."

Comes out again 10 minutes later and says, "I don't think my heart is beating. I can't hear it, and it hurts."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do all children these days start writing in the style of Pepys?

We have acorns around here, too. The ones that sound like trombones.

ColeBugsmommy said...

I love kid's inventive spelling. You have to save that book...they are growing up so fast!

Unknown said...

oh man, Jenn, I'm crying with laughter over here!

mainlyclearskies said...

"Toot toot ta toot" cracked me up!

Emily said...

Ha ha ha! What cracked me up is "I don't think my heart is beating."
They are so funny. Thanks for the laugh.

peevish said...

Great stories!